Outside Sales Representative
Sales - 3 years (Required)
Gabriel Building Supply is a full service lumberyard and hardware store.
We are family owned and operated for over 90 years.
We are currently looking to grow our team with people who share our energy and enthusiasm for customer service! The ideal candidate is a high-energy, self-motivated individual with relationship building skills, a commitment to product knowledge, and the ability to identify and meet customer's needs.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Compensation will be a base salary with commission. Base salary will be dependent on prior experience. Compensation will be discussed only on interview.
- Selling Lumber and Building Materials
- Travel to job sites (company vehicle will be provided, only for use during business hours)
- Create material estimates from blueprints
- Service current customers
- Prospect new customers
- Create special orders
- Load and unload building materials
Qualifications and Skills:
- MUST be 18 years or older
- Must have valid Louisiana drivers license and clear driving record
- Customer service oriented and ability to interact professionally with suppliers and customers
- Ability to read blue prints and prepare a material take-off list
- Knowledge of effective sales techniques
- Minimum 3 years sales experience required, preference will be given to building material industry experience
- Health Insurance
- Vacation and Paid leave Package
- Supplemental Insurance
- Pre-employment drug testing
- Driving record request
Please submit resume online above or drop it off in person at 510 W Pine St., Ponchatoula, LA 70454
Gabriel Building Supply provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.